Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The holidays are bitter-sweet....

I get to thinking about my dad at this time of year.  He died, as you know, two years ago now, the day after Christmas, 12/26/07.  We've been having some collective sadness this year as we begin to realize that Mom is starting to show the real signs of dementia, and having to deal with that. It's a sad but expected part of the aging process.  It is just stuptifying how fast changes happen to the aged, though, and it puts my world in a tailspin.  I'm glad I have my husband, brothers and sisters to help keep me sane.

I was passing by these two pictures on my way to work this morning - they hang in my hallway - and I just had to share with you these two beach babes! Sonny and Rebecca - most likely at Medina lake or up in New Braunsfels.


They belong on the My Parents Were Awesome website, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment