Monday, November 29, 2010

What I'm Reading....

I finally and sadly finished The Passage, by Justin Cronin. And I'm missing it!  I read that he's writing two more in this series, I just hope I live long enough to read all three.  Sigh....
I'm not tell the ending but it was a real, honest-to-goodness cliffhanger.  The old fashioned kind that leaves you with your mouth open and wanting to read the next chapter. Great great GREAT writing.
Oh, and by the way, I guess they did seem more like vampires as I read along.  There were more and more allusions to our idea of what a vampire is, anyway.  But please don't let that stop you from reading (listening to) this fine book. It's so much more about how people and society in general deal with a complete end to their way of life and how they form "society" afterwards.  I guarantee you'll love it.




Yesterday I started the second book in the series by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan, The Fall.  This continues the story from The Strain which I read way back when, so I'm having to re-remember (is that a word?) the characters and story, but it's coming back to me.  Loved the first book.  Hoping to love this one, too.  As I'm listening, I'm wondering who will play these characters in the movie.  With Guillermo involved, you know there will be a movie eventually, right?


I'm obviously in something of a dark mood lately, with my book choices. But I can't help myself, I love a good apocalyptic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment