Friday, January 14, 2011

What I'm Reading....

Finished Boneshaker (a must read, by the way!  L - O - V - E - D it!!) and am now on to Jonathan Maberry's new series, book one, Patient Zero.  The man who reads this one, Ray Porter, has the perfect voice to portray the hero of the series, Joe Ledger.  This one has military tones and has been terrific so far, and of course, there are the zombies.   From the book:

"When you have to kill the same terrorist twice in one week, then there’s either something wrong with your skills or something wrong with your world, and there’s nothing wrong with my skills."

Baltimore detective, Joe Ledger is assigned to a counterterrorism task force, recruited by an ultra-secret rapid response group called the Department of Military Science (DMS) to help stop a group of terrorists from releasing a dreadful bioweapon that can turn ordinary people into zombies.


Can't wait to hear how this turns out -- because it's got to lead on to books 2 and 3, since this has been billed as book 1 in a trio.  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy it. Lots more Joe Ledger to come. THE DRAGON FACTORY is out now; THE KING OF PLAGUES debuts in March; and there are several free short stories available on my website (www.jonathanmaberry.com)

    Also, the series was optioned for TV by Sony Entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored to have a comment from the author himself! Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to connect with a fan! Amazing!
    I'm really lovin' the book - I'm at the Liberty Bell event now (wink!) No I won't spoil it for anyone.
    LOVE love L O V E that the series has been optioned by Sony! If you have any say (and I hope they are getting you for the screen play) I think Jonathan Ackles (of Supernatural fame) would make the PERFECT Joe Ledger. ha!
    Keep writing! I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete