Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I'm Reading...

Okay, I've officially been totally creeped out.  The Stephen King novel, Full Dark, No Stars, was a collection of some of the most creepy stories I've ever heard.  

They ranged from 1922, the one I mentioned earlier, to Big Driver (revenge), to Fair Extension (greed), and finally the best tale of them all, A Good Marriage, which had me at the edge of my seat.  Imagine your marriage is over 25 years old, you think you know each other in all ways.  Your kids are grown and gone from home, you're comfortable. You're home alone, your husband is out of town on work, and you need a battery for your TV remote. You accidentally kick over a stack of magazines in the garage. And your life will never be the same.  


This story was mesmerizing...how well do any of us really know the people in our lives?  And how far will you go to protect the ones you love?  I was seriously creeped out!


That being said, the afterward written by King made me oh, so mad.  I can't talk about it here, because I'm sworn to stay non-political on this site, but if you want to know why, check out my political blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment