Friday, July 29, 2011

Survivors

 At the beginning of spring, I planted up and set out a bunch of plants on the pavilion.  We weren't quite so dry and arid as we are now, and we didn't have the deer fence finished yet.  So needless to say, most of them were just getting ready to bloom when the deer chomped them down to nothing.  I was so upset!


I dragged the poor things up on the house porch and spent the rest of the spring and beginning of the summer babying them back to some semblance of life.  Well, the fence is up and seems to be holding those rabid deer at bay (knock on wood!) and I finally felt secure enough to put them back out.  

Here's two of them that are finally blooming again!  I know they're not as big as they would have been, but at least they are survivors!

No comments:

Post a Comment