Saturday, September 3, 2011

My maternal great grandparents...

These are my Grandmother, Emilie's, parents.  They were born in Czechoslovakia (I think) although I'd like to research this a little better.  I do have some information on them, but not much.


He is Paul Ludwig Svec and she is Petrolina Houdek Losak Svec.  I wonder if this was their wedding day? They are very decked out, and he has a spray of flowers on his coat lapel. Are you wondering, like I am, what happened to the left side of his handle-bar moustache?


Paul Ludwig Svec
Born: September 28, 1836
Died: October 18, 1903

Petrolina Houdek Losak Svec
Born: June 15, 1866
Died: July 21, 1941 


1 comment:

  1. Petronila's mom was from Austria, wasn't able to find a lot on her father becuase all of the census records list her as a step daughter to the father of the household. I think...
    Molly

    ReplyDelete