Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mulching much....

I've been creaking around since my fall on the stairs, but this morning I'd had enough of that.  I can't stand just sitting around, and there's so much more to do in the garden.  I decided that I needed to mulch around the pumpkin and watermelon before they took off vining into the weeds, so I spent a couple of hours laying down weed block and piling on the hay.  It looks pretty good, and I think I'm just in time, since some of these plants are getting their third set of leaves.

So here I am about 12 hours after I did this work, and I'm creaking around even worse.  I think I over-did it this morning.  But it needed to be done.  I just don't think I'll be doing anything like this again for the rest of the week.  Sigh....

I'm pretty disappointed in the Amish Pie Pumpkins.  Two measly little plants came up out of the 6 seeds that I put in, and they look small and gnarly (is that a word?)  I think I'll take a few more seeds out there tomorrow and stick them in to see if I have any better luck.  Not sure about this variety.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment