Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cooking with the Michili Chinese Cabbage

I'm going to have to find something to do with this cabbage, it's growing so fast! I'm cutting off the outer leaves and using them, and some of them are huge.  Here's my first foray into using it, a simple stir fry.
First I washed the leaves off and then submerged them in salt water for about 5 minutes to get rid of any bugs that might have been hiding.  Thankfully, not too many!
Chopped up a medium onion, stir fry in olive oil, then chopped up about 6 leaves of the cabbage and added it to the pan. I turned down the heat, put the top on and really just sweated it for a while, then added some roasted garlic bulbs, a little salt/pepper and some chopped pre-cooked bacon.  I think you could add anything else you might think of, I was thinking dried cranberries might be good in here too.  Too bad I didn't have any.
Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment