Friday, May 31, 2013

How the garden has grown!

Here's a couple of shots of the back garden. The yellow corn is almost shoulder high now, and all the other plants are just growing and producing like crazy.  We've been spending the last two days mulching under all of the vining plants; the squashes, pumpkins, winter squash, cantalopes, watermelons and other melons.  They are starting to take off, and we'll have that usual jungle to wade through!
 The taller sunflowers are starting to bloom - not as tall as the variety that I planted last year.  I'm going to have to go back and see what those were.  But they're pretty, aren't they?!
 These are the leaves for the Moon and Stars watermelon....they have yellow "stars" like the melons will.  Surprised me!
 This is a little Godiva pumpkin...this is the variety that has naked seeds.  I have high hopes for this one!
 The Vates Kale is looking good!  I don't really like it cooked, it tastes too much like "greens" to me. But I do like it fresh in a salad, its very mild that way.
 See the bee in the cucumber blossom?  They are busy out there -- buzz buzz buzz!
Here's what the Chocolate morning glory.  Its a soft mauve color, and while I like it, its not as showy as the Heavenly Blue.
 Can you spot the grapes?  Only one plant has shown any this year so far.  I think we're in for a long wait on these grapes, but we're patient....I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment