Thursday, November 21, 2013

Around the yard....

I picked a couple of the Meyer Lemons the other day -- they are so large and beautiful! I've used one of them on a couple of drinks and they are perfect.  I'm still amazed that we really grew these things.  There's probably about 6 more out on the tree, too.
 A full bed of garlic went in this week - Silverneck and Transylvania varieties.  I'm going to cover them with a layer or two of those beautiful burr oak leaves in our yard for the winter.
 This is the burr oak -- the colors are just gorgeous, but the leaves are all falling so fast, I think the tree will be bare before Christmas.
 Our peach tree is turning a gorgeous color of orange! I just love trees that show off their fall colors.
 A close up of my peach leaves!
One of my goals this year is to add a few trees that have a variety of colors in our yard. After exhaustive research (about 15 minutes on Google) I found that these type do the best in our area of Texas: Smoke Tree, Japanese Maple, Poplar, Chinese Pistache, Rusty Blackhawks Viburnum, Ginkgo or Maidenhair Tree, and Fringe Tree.  I'll be looking thru the nurseries for some of these in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment