Monday, August 4, 2014

Mama

 My poor mom is slowly coming to the end of her life.  It's very painful to watch.  This is her body, her mind has really been gone for almost 7 years now.  She "checked out" right after Dad died, her mind slipped away in a fast pace.  I always felt that she was staying strong for so long, taking care of Dad who had so many ailments, that she didn't have time to take care of herself.  I wish I had paid more attention to her at the time.  That's one of the regrets I have, not paying more attention.

I miss the woman that she was very much, she was a smart person, very practical, always had advise when asked for it, she taught me so much. She loved movie musicals, like The Sound of Music, and Evita. She was a hard worker, I think more then any of us really knew.  I'm sure Dad was more than a full time job to take care of, in many ways.

The facility that she's at is wonderful, they all give her such good care.  Management of her pain is our main focus, and her Hospice caregivers have been wonderful.  Its just a matter of coming in and sitting with her, praying for her, and just spending time with her.

Someone brought her a beautiful bunch of yellow lilies this past week.  I found them there on Saturday when I went to visit.  Here they are, and then another picture of them after I used my new water color app on them.  Pretty, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment