Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Baking -- and I Only Burned One Tray of Cookies!

I spent the last couple of days doing some Christmas baking.  Everything turned out pretty good!
 These are a white chocolate chip and oatmeal no-bake cookie. So easy!

 Peanut buttery-goodness!

 Okay, I've found another favorite that I'll make again! Yummmm!
 I cheated and used frozen bread dough for these.....one poppy seed,
 one pecan/walnut ring, and two dozen cinnamon rolls.
The nut rolls didn't turn out exactly as John remembers them, since I didn't have his family recipe to follow.  They're still good.  His sis, Susan, sent me the real recipe, so next time I'll have it. I see where I went wrong.  The recipe I followed was more of a pie dough, no yeast.

Just as a safety net (since I can't ever seem to find where I put things) I'm putting it at the end of this post.  Now I'll know where it is!

MUM’S NUT ROLLS
Our Grandmother Eliza Rowena Davies Forsyth recipe

Pastry for Nut Rolls
5 cups of flour
3 eggs
½ of a large cake of yeast
1 tsp. salt
½ c cup shortening
½ of a can of condensed milk
Combine and put in refrigerator over night
Next day roll dough in sugar, roll thin, and cut into squares (approximately 3 inch squares) add filling, and roll up.
Bake at 350 degree for 15 minutes.

Filling for nut rolls
2lb of ground walnuts
1 cup of sugar
½ of a can of condensed milk
4 TBL of butter
Stir together over low heat and let cool


No comments:

Post a Comment