Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Garden Notes, March 23, 2015 (Zucchini, Okra, Gourds)

Today I planted up the left over onion sets and some fabulous shallots that my brother shared with me.  After that, in went the final two plots in Bed #1.  Bed #1-G has:



In Bed #1 H:
Stewart's Zeebest Okra from Baker Creek Seeds
Green Husk Tomatillo from Seed Savers Exchange

Those tomatillo really had to get in the ground.  Those things were huge!

I repotted some of the herbs and gourds that have gotten too big in the greenhouse.  These will go into the ground very soon, but I didn't want them to get root bound.
 Large bottle gourds
 Small gourd mix
Luffa gourd

Sadly I haven't seen anything from the Basket gourds or the Green Speckled Swan gourds.  I'll give them a bit longer, but nothing so far....

No comments:

Post a Comment