Friday, May 29, 2015

Movie Review --- San Andreas

Yes, I knew it was going to be cheesy before we went.  Yes, I STILL wanted to see it.  Besides, I'm a big Rock fan, so why not?!
If you're old enough to remember the 70s, you are going to be reminded of so many of the disaster flicks back then -- The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Earthquake, etc.  Lots of action, lots of stuff falling everywhere, our cast in danger, narrowly escaping death at every turn.

In fact, it reminded me a lot of one of Stallone's movies, Daylight.

Don't try to make sense of what happens.  For example, the Hoover Dam gets completely demolished. You'd think it would make more news then the family sitting around the next day saying things like, "isn't it terrible what happened."  Cheesy -- I told you.
Lots of the usual film shtick -- girl meets boy in intense event (Speed, anyone?) and "Shazam!" -- big screen kiss.  What?!! Does not make sense.

Also, I'm thinking Ray is gonna be in a bit of trouble for taking off with Los Angeles's rescue helicopter (just when they need it) and wrecking it, stealing a car, then an airplane, then a boat! And they are all just available when he needed them. You get the picture.

They definitely got the special effects going in this movie, though. The undulation of the earth during an earthquake is something to see.  I give it 2.5 stars and if you want to kill some time with popcorn and a cheesy movie, I say go see it.  It gets 4 stars for nostalgia if you happen to be in my age group!

No comments:

Post a Comment