Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mimi's Summer Day Camp, Day Thirteen --- Whales!

August 3, 2017

We went to the Witte Museum to see their Whales exhibit today.  The exhibit was fantastic, but unfortunately they wouldn't let us take any pictures inside. Arghhh!!! That did not make Mimi very happy, I'll tell you.  But, since I had to model good behavior to the girls, I didn't fuss. I wanted to, but I didn't.  Sigh....


 In the hallway outside of the exhibit hall they had this big poster up on the wall.  It made a pretty good backdrop!


After spending most of the morning in the whale area, we spent some time looking through the Texas Wild exhibit.  Lots of Texas memorabilia.   
 The girls enjoyed these saddles. KT dreams of owning a horse some day.
 Old farm truck
 KT found the highway that they live near!
 Yes, Joss - that's a rattlesnake!
 The walkway upstairs had all kinds of animal prints and fossils. Really cool!
 We took a tour of the Fiesta gowns - so beautiful.  Of course, Joss zeroed in on the yellow dress. I wonder what she's thinking about while staring at all that glitz and glamour? 
 We stopped at the Golden Corral for a late lunch -- yes, they have mac 'n cheese. I think that's Joss's favorite food.
 KT added a slice of pizza to her mac 'n cheese!
We made it home in time for a quick swim, but I guess I didn't take any pics. Next week we're talking all about butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment